Random Touch Up Work

In my search for the electrical issue in the previous post, I spent a lot of time searching through the wiring and fixing different things that I found. One of the spots that I had overlooked was my shitty soldering job when I first got the car back. The shop that helped me with the swap didn’t pin the knock sensor properly, and in my attempt to fix I wound up breaking a couple of wires. Back then, I didn’t really know how to solder. Now, I’m almost a pro. So I fixed that and heat shrunk all of the wires.

Second gear has been grinding a little bit, so one of the adjustments I made was lengthening the shift throw.

On the underbody of the car, there are spots where the cage welding heated through the floor and caused rust. So I hit the spots with Loctite Rust Neutralizer.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s