This post isn’t much of a how-to, but rather a post to document my latest baby back ribs cook.
May 28, 2018
- Meat: Meaty baby back pork loins
- Rub: Smokey Rub-inson enriched with a extra granulated garlic, dark brown sugar, and kosher salt
- Brine Time: 10 hours
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Final Internal Temp: 195-200°F
- Temperature: 225°F
- Smoker: GMG Jim Bowie
- Wood: Pit Boss Competition Blend
- Wrap stage: North Carolina Vinegar on half and ACV on half
Dry rubbed the night before
After about 12 hours
3 hours in
Preparing the foil wrap with NC Vinegar sauce. Then back into the smoker for 2 hours.
Final hour after the wrap stage to re-develop the bark.
Removed from the smoker to rest. Killer bark.
Ready to serve
Notes: i foil wrapped the ribs to bring to family’s house. They sat for about 1.5 hours before i cut them and were beginning to cool. They seemed a little dry, and I believe that the long rest period contributed to that. I much preferred the racks that I wrapped with the NC sauce, as opposed to the ones that I wrapped with the ACV.